RELIGIOUS EMBLEMS PROGRAM
A Scout is reverent. He is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties and respects the convictions of others in matters of custom and religion. To encourage members to grow stronger in their faith, religious groups have developed specific religious emblems programs. The Boy Scouts of America has approved these programs and allows the emblems to be worn on the official uniform.
Troop 1299 is proud to offer leadership and coaching for those Scouts interested in earning the religious emblem specific to their religious preference.
Chart of Religious Emblems
The Chart of Religious Emblems lists all Religious Emblems Programs available to members of the Boy Scouts of America. Images of the medals, where available, may be viewed by clicking the award’s name.
How to Get Started
- Interested Scouts must register by completing the form, "Religious Emblems Program Registration" which is available in the My Info/My Forms section of our Troop website. A quick link to that section of the website is available in the lower left hand corner of the home page or you can also see the form when you first log on to the website.
- Scouts must obtain the specific booklet for their religion (chosen when completing the registration form).
- Parents must review the program guidelines. Families should talk to their religious leaders and show them the booklet before beginning any program.
- Contact our Troop's Religious Emblems Program coordinators to schedule a time to get started.
- Scouts need to complete the requirements, obtain the proper signatures, and then Troop 1299 will order the emblem for them.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions about Religious Emblems Programs. Click HERE to download a brochure to learn more. For any questions, please contact our Troop's Religious Emblems Program coordinators.