SKI APACHE campout
January 3 - 6, 2019
The Troop has once again voted to return to Ruidoso, NM for our annual ski trip in January. Even though the temperatures outside are hot right now, our initial planning for this weekend of winter fun in the snow has already begun.
You must register and pay the initial $50 deposit to secure your spot on this trip. Use the same form to make your additional payments prior to the deadlines indicated.
Here are the details of what you need to know:
- The dates of our trip will be January 3rd (Thursday) to 6th (Sunday), 2019 during the school winter break.
- We will depart Thursday morning, ski on Friday and Saturday and return Sunday evening.
- The sign up for this campout consists of three parts, all must be completed to reserve your spot: ((1) pay the deposit (2) fill out the registration form, and (3) read the Memorandum of Understanding).
- Sign up online using the link provided above. Sign up can only be done via this form and there is no sign up sheet at Troop meetings for this event. Please pay a $50 deposit when you sign up to hold your spot.
- The total estimated cost is $330. The actual expense may be a little less and any refunds will be processed after all expenses have been paid.
- The remaining $280 is divided into two equal payments, one due no later than November 12, 2018, the final due no later than December 17, 2018. Funds from Scout accounts may be used for this event.
- You do not have to be an experienced skier to attend this event. Lessons are available for beginners for an additional $25, and we have several Scouts each year who ski for the first time and have a great experience.
- Please complete the sign up form early. We will not likely need to limit the number of people who attend this campout but it will be helpful to those organizing the event if we can get a fairly close headcount as early as possible.
- If you want to rent a snowboard, there will be an additional $25 for rental.
- If an adult would like to attend but does not want to ski, arrangements can be made for them to attend at a reduced rate ($165). We can always use extra adults to help with this event. Please follow the same sign up process as outlined above if this is something you would like to do. If you can help to be a driver, please bring snow chains if you don’t have a 4x4. You can check the selections on snow chains at etrailer.com or other websites.
- This event is a little different than many of our other campouts, especially with respect to how to prepare ahead of time and what is expected of Scouts during the event. For this reason, a Memorandum of Understanding has been prepared and is available on the sign up form. This document provides additional details that you need to know as you decide whether or not to attend. Scouts and parents should review this document before signing up.
We are looking forward to a very fun weekend. Should you have any questions about the event or how to sign up, please don't hesitate to contact Mr Yu.
About Snow Chains: You may already know that tire chains can be a life saver on snow and ice, but do you know how many sets your vehicle requires? Or, what state laws say about chain usage?
For more information and tips, click here:
- Saturday, October 19
- Monday, October 21
- Monday, October 28
- Thursday, October 31
- Saturday, November 2